Saturday, August 12, 2006

Todays triumphs



I started out with 3 colors of dyed cotswold locks, some great white Romney, two colors of dyed mohair top, neutral bombyx silk and a little firestar.

I wanted to end up with 8 batts of one ounce each with some of every item in each one.

I carded each color of the coltswold locks into their own batt and the same with the lincoln. I bought the lincoln on ebay from a great seller (have to look up her name) it was already washed and the fleece is just beautiful.

After every thing was precarded, I divided it all up into 8 batches and started layering the different fibers onto my drum carder. The cotswold and lincoln go on the feed tray, but all the other fibers do better if they are laid on the large drum by hand.

As you can see, I like to keep the layers separate. These batts spin up wonderfully split into thirds and then drafted into roving. I have 5 of the 8 batts done and hope to get the remaining done in the next 1/2 hour. Posted by Picasa

No comments: