Monday, February 26, 2007

Family is everything

Yesterday was Sunday again. My favorite day of the week. It's family day at our house. That means that at a minimum we have the following people over for early dinner. My son and his girlfriend (and sometimes her 3 girls - 5, 3 & 10 months), my sister Juanita and her two youngest (and sometimes her teenager), my brother in law, his wife and their 2 kids (3 and 18 months) - so from 9 up to a possible 13 regulars. We are also occasionally joined by another sister and her 3 children or my 2 grandsons.

D cooks a big meal and we all hang out for a couple of hours. Yesterday my son and the brother in law and their respective partners/kids all went to the park for a pick up game of football. They came back hungry and worn out.

I have a lot of regrets when it comes to the mother I was when my kids were small, but I know now that it's never too late to become a good mother. And the Grandma thing is very cool.

I didn't have grandparents - well ok, I must have had them, but I did not know them at all - no contact after age 6 or so. I'm learning how to do this blind.. I must be doing soemthing right.

1 comment:

Holly Schwendiman said...

The mere fact that you recognize how much fun it is to be a grandma says you've got more than a few things right my dear. ;o) And you're absolutely right - Family IS everything.

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner