Monday, February 26, 2007

green silk

Remember this silk on the bobbin? I originally intended to ply it with some gorgeous dyed merino roving. When I took the bobbins and the roving to Yarn Yankers last weekend - the harsh light of day revealed that the two do not go together at all.

So, I plyed the bobbins together and ended up with this 790 yards of 100% silk.
From Blog photos


The weight is about 4 ounces - so about 3500 ypp. I am looking at shawl patterns to see what will bring out the shine and color of this.

From Blog photos
I love the teal accents in the green.

2 comments:

Edith said...

MM-MM-MMM that silk is lovely.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The rayon thread that I use for plying is Madeira Decor. It comes in large cones and is heavier than regular thread so just right to ply with a bulky single.

Rosey in Tucson

Anonymous said...

I bet any falling leaf type lace pattern would work well with this.