Monday, August 27, 2007

Retreat Weekend

No pictures - forgot to take my camera. Spent the weekend at a hotel in Scottsdale with spinners and knitters at the Tempe Yarn and Fiber Retreat.

There were about 20 of us on Saturday morning as we checked into the Hilton Garden Inn. My friend Alicia was there - she's the final reason that I decided to go. I haven't had the chance to spend very much time with her this year. When I found out that she signed up for this retreat, tht was the deciding point for me attending also.

Fred took pictures - here they are on TYF's website. I accomplished my goals for the weekend - cast on for my sister's sweater and learned how to do entrelac. And Alicia and I got to spend hours in each others company. Worth the price right there.

I was hoping to also finish my socks, but that didn't happen. I am so close, only a few more rows and I can cast off both of them.

I met some great women and got to know some others a little better, thanks to the TYF gang for pulling this together.

No comments: