Sunday, June 10, 2007

Portland to see the Yarn Harlot

ok, as promised, this post is very picture heavy...

I flew into Portland Thursday morning - it was gorgeous out. A light breeze blowing, nice and cool. I found the MAX and called Melissa to tell her I was on my way. I sat in the very front seat next to the window so that I could knit on my sock and look at all the green. I swear, someday, I WILL move to Portland and live in the green again.



Melissa has two cats, I could only get a photo of this one. Isn't she pretty?



We went to dinner on Thursday night. Duffy picked us up at Lint where Melissa introduced me to the seductiveness of Koigu. I resisted that night, but see Koigu in my future. We rode in Duffy's little VW across the bridge to Roux for amazing Cajun food.



Friday morning, after lazing about in our jammies and knitting, I took off for a few hours to wander about Portland. I ended up in Powell's, checking out the set up for that evening and escaping with only 4 books. I walked over to the park with the elephant to sit and read for a while before heading back to Melissa's place. Melissa and I lay down for a short nap and were woken up by Rodger letting us know that even at 5:30 it was filling up fast. We pulled ourselves together as best we could and walked down instead of waiting for a bus or MAX. Rodger saved us seats right up front. Can you pick me out of the crowd?




Here's little cutie pie Rodger holding my sock. He was so helpful, took lots of my photos for me as he was in the front row and had a much better view



Here's photo Rodger took of my sock admiring the crowd.



And here's the Yarn Harlot herself, taking pics of her sock with the crowd.



The very worried look on her face as she describes a potential future after the world wide wool blight hits and we all must guard our stash from those foolish cold muggles who mocked our forethought.





The Harlot held my sock and pronounced it good - she even asked where I got the yarn - of course I was knitting with Ray's yarn again - go ahead and browse his shop - you know you want to. My next sock will be knit out of this, I took it to Portland with me just in case I finished the sock I was working on.

I'm tired, but it's a good tired. I'm sure glad that I have today to rest before heading to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very wonderful to meet you, and I do love that sock yarn! Thank you for making the trip, it's a big compliment.

Melissa Barton said...

We did have a great time, didn't we? Suki thinks she looks great in the picture you took of her and so do I.
Loving the knitting community today!

Bobbie Wallace said...

Gosh, I'm glad I found your blog! I went to see the Harlot by myself to meet Kathy and lucked out by sitting with you and Melissa and Rodger. Let's get together next time you come to PDX; we'll do a yarn shop crawl.

Anonymous said...

oooh, thanks for the report. Sounds like you had fun :-)