Saturday, September 30, 2006

Decisions, Decisions...

I am going to my Queen Creek guild meeting this morning - well it's more like a buncha fiber nuts hanging out together than a guild - but we call it that anyway...

I am bringing my drum carder today, I have a number of projects running thru my head that I want to get started on.

I am taking both of these as I can't decide which one I want to work on.

This is some gorgeous cotswold, dyed in the lock by Laurie at Frene Creek Farms, that I need to do the prep work on. I like to card this up in 1/2 ounce batts to prepare it for blending in with something else.







This is over a pound of 1/2 ounce each prepared cotswold batts that are ready to be blended. I have decided to add in some of that white romney - about half and half.

These little batts all go together with the greens and purples - most of these batts have some of each color in them. A few batts are all one color.

I think I will have about 2 pounds of fiber in this colorway when it's done. This calls out to be spun fairly bulky and then knit into a jacket or big sweater. Posted by Picasa

No comments: