Sunday, October 01, 2006

Purples and greens

I decided to work on the purple and green cotswold - blending it 50/50 with the white romney and this is how it turned out. This is only 6 ounces of the 32 that I have planned for this batch. I will work on the remaining batts over the next week or so - trying to get a few in each morning.

I think I will spin this up bulky, alternating colors in the single and then letting the plying determine how striped the final yarn will be. The anticipation of not knowing really how a yarn will finally look until the plying is done and the yarn is skeined up is part of the design process for me. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh that is some of the prettiest fiber ever! I love a lot of the batts I've seen on your blog. Do you make them to sell or for yourself? They are just beautiful!!!

Swanknitter said...

Your batts are so totally gorgeous that I feel I really should do more with my drum carder. How did your learn to do this? Practice and inspiration or another source?