Sunday, October 01, 2006

Purples and greens

I decided to work on the purple and green cotswold - blending it 50/50 with the white romney and this is how it turned out. This is only 6 ounces of the 32 that I have planned for this batch. I will work on the remaining batts over the next week or so - trying to get a few in each morning.

I think I will spin this up bulky, alternating colors in the single and then letting the plying determine how striped the final yarn will be. The anticipation of not knowing really how a yarn will finally look until the plying is done and the yarn is skeined up is part of the design process for me. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Swanknitter said...

Your batts are so totally gorgeous that I feel I really should do more with my drum carder. How did your learn to do this? Practice and inspiration or another source?