Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New fibers


Here are two batches of fiber that arrived yesterday from an ebay purchase.

This one is a cotswold x - the staple length is a good 4-5" and this photo does not do the colors justice. It is a little coarser than I thought it would be and the luster of cotswold is not there at all. Not sure what I will do with it - perhaps blend it with the white romney, or spin it as a novelty yarn with the curls poking out.

This is a BFLxCotswold lamb fleece and again this photo doesn't show the colors as well as I would like. This is softer than the above and crimpy. The luster of cotswold is more evident in this fleece than the above one, but not at all what I am used to from cotswold.

I will look to see if I can post the ebay photos of these - the colors are represented much better there. Posted by Picasa

No comments: