Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Stitch markers in action

Here are the stitch markers in action and I can already tell that I do not have nearly enough of them.

I have only added one repeat of the pattern on each side and have used all but two of my new stitch markers. They are very cool and easy to slip from one needle to another. They also hang on the right side all the time due to their size - added bonus.

So, I either have to make some more real quick - cause every 32 rows I will have to add two more markers, or go back to using the plain white ones (which I have 50 of).

I still have lots of the split rings and other findings - and it's not like I don't have a gazillion beads - I just don't care for the idea of mounting the beads on the head pins and then bending a loop. My experience is very limited and it's not as much fun as I want to have.

The other thing is that I don't think I like this yarn. I can see that the colors aren't going to give stripes as soon as I get some more stitches going on this. It would probably stripe nicely for a narrow scarf, but as soon as this gets a little wider, each color won't be even a single row stripe..

It's very soft, the silk and the wool give it a very nice hand - but the color changes are bugging me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe, I thought the picture was of a string bikini thong.

Theresa said...

I made stitch markers for the first time the other day, and I was surprised by what a pain it was to do. I'd go for the white ones.

Amanda said...

I think the shawl is very pretty, even if you decide you don't like the yarn. Nice stitch markers, too.

Dharma said...

I see what you mean about the colours. I am still figuing out using the stitch markers and row counters theory. Practice, much further away. Long learning curve ahead.